In the 1930’s Allen Quimby Jr. , operated a veneer mill in Bingham. An avid skier, Quimby put in the first rope tow at Baker Mountain; by the 1940’s a second tow was installed. In 1969 the rope tows were removed and a T Bar was installed to bring skiers to the top of the open slope. Baker Mountain is run by its pass holders, who volunteer their time. During school vacations the club operates a ski school.
Baker Mountain is a 501(c)3 non profit.